Outlaw Knight's of Bonechewer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outlaw Knight's of Bonechewer

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application (Enhancement Shaman)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hoooofy.

Application (Enhancement Shaman) Empty
PostSubject: Application (Enhancement Shaman)   Application (Enhancement Shaman) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 4:36 pm

* Character name: Hoofy-Changed from Shamazin
* Class, Race (level must be at least 70): Shaman, Draenie
* Armory link (Does not have Bloodlust Brooch on there, Nor my shoulders from H MgT)
* Talent spec: Id like to think its one of the best specs an Enhancement Shamans who have the ability to heal others with the set bonus for Cataclysm set, Plus the Improved Reincarnation really helps on wipes (Ex: Used Reincarnation on Hydross...go over to Lurker and you accidently get knocked back and are close to the platform, You can reincarnation and thats maybe 5 more % of helath knocked from Lurker on the DPS part
* Professions: Its Alchemy and Herbalism...One of these days I will grind it up to a good rank, just had a lot going on.
* Gear: My gear is fine id like to say for the most part...Thing i would change is getting the 45 badge offhand from Sunwell items but i got the Bloodlust Brooch first to replace my Insignia of the Alliance trinket
* Resist Gear:
Currently i have no Resist gear. Im working on farming for some Epic resist gear but im not to worried about any resist gear until Mother Shaharaz in BT (which in then i have 2 peices of the resist gear already created.)

* End-game raiding familiarity (Pre-TBC) and what you've been running in TBC is also helpful: Pre TBC- AQ cleared Naxx up to Kel Thuzad, TBC raids - Kara Cleared, ZA 5/6, Gruuls cleared, Mag Cleared, SSC cleared, TK 3/4, Hyjal Cleared, BT 6/9, SWP Almost cleared Kalecgos...just wasnt fast enough on portals.
* Guild history: Reemergence.
* How often you play and what times/days you play: Im a hardcore raider....I try to make it to almost every raid that i possibly can...i will of course let Officers or the GM know that i will not be making the raid if i do end up missing it.
* How you heard about Outlaw Knights, and why you'd like to join: I was looking on PWF forums and they have a Progress meter, it said you guys were in SSC / TK and thats about my gear ability in Enhancement (I have Resto gear)
* IRL name, location, and any other information you'd like to share:Brian, Thousand Palms, CA, I would like to share that i can take criticism...but only 1 person can take so much criticism on how much they "Suck" or how much there gear is "Wrong" so i try not to do the same to others with not that amazing gear.
Back to top Go down
Nocmoon
Admin

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Application (Enhancement Shaman)   Application (Enhancement Shaman) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:02 pm

I dont understand why people put all this time on gear but yet never enchant. Get it enchanted then we can talk imo.

Never seen that spec befor for raiding.. If you have to off heal then you should have a talk with your healers. No points in weapon totems? Come on man!
Back to top Go down
Yada

PostSubject: Replies   Application (Enhancement Shaman) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Alright im just going to put this REALLY simple...most of the people in here are not enchanters or cant pop enchanting mats out of Thin Air, So im working on getting all the enchants like +12 agil to boots and +6 stats to Chest...or even another +20 STR to weapon for my Fool's Bane, Also it may surprise some of you but most fights in Hyjal / BT are Healing fights, so if you can pop a lesser healing wave on yourself after a boss does an AoE that helps the healers tremendously, plus with the instant cast Lesser Healing wave it will give me the chance to hit a couple more times without wasting the 1.5 seconds it takes to pop out and heal yourself,

Or you can quickly target your tank and pop a lesser healing wave would also save the healers mana, while meanwhile i can just use Shamanistic rage and get almost Full Mana,

So Hope that answers your question
Back to top Go down
Nocmoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Application (Enhancement Shaman)   Application (Enhancement Shaman) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:32 pm

Good answer, but still its called resto or elemental. No points in MQ and Weapon totems would just kill your dps and your groups dps. I pop lesser heal on myself all the time. In fact if i didnt I would die alot. I never run out of mana, NEVER!
Back to top Go down
Hooofy

PostSubject: Reply   Application (Enhancement Shaman) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Very great point, For most things without Mana batteries or Water shield + Totems it is kinda hard to keep up with your mana,

For enhancement shamans its really not about your DPS but your groups...so as long as i have the Str totem - WF totem - Agi Totem - Wrath totem - and if i speced into Unleashed rage then it would also give my fellow melee / Ranged DPS the upper hand on bosses you just really would like to down,

The Cataclysm 2 peice set also makes it AMAZING for the fights more like gruuls (How tanks / Raid leaders say to step out and bandage and that you wont get a heal) so i can get back in there and DPS him before anyone else gets the chance to,
Back to top Go down
Nocmoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Application (Enhancement Shaman)   Application (Enhancement Shaman) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 6:14 pm

Well lets brake it down. 2 points in ghost wolf in a raid? 5 points in dodge?If you use 3 there, thats 5 wasted points you wont need for raiding. Put them in MQ and Weapon totems. Imp recarn, we have plenty of shamans and locks put those two points in elemental concussion. There you have my build. So the argument was nice, but the only diffrenece in our build is that you like to use wolf and like to dodge alot.. If anything it looks like a pvp spec. So if you can improve in those areas that were spoken i think you would be a great raider and would show you can take advice and learn from your class leader!
Back to top Go down
Hoooofy.

PostSubject: Reply   Application (Enhancement Shaman) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 6:34 pm

The reason for the Dodge is if an add gets loose and i get 1 shot, then im going regret putting the 5 points in Dodge, or i could have mental quickness and which imo is sorta pointless until you get 2-3 peices of T5. but for the Instant cast Ghostwolf, During the Supremus fight he has 2 phases as you may know, Tank and spank phase and and a kite phase, During the kite phase you gotta RUN THE HELL AWAY from Supremus and the Volcanoes which in then would make this fight super cake for Shamans or Druids with instant cast form for there speed form(Travel Form).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application (Enhancement Shaman)   Application (Enhancement Shaman) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:45 pm

(Waits for Nocs reply)
Back to top Go down
ticalc
Officer

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Application (Enhancement Shaman)   Application (Enhancement Shaman) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:50 pm

speccing specifically for 1 fight will gimp you

dont knw enough about shammies to get myself into this but itd be great to get some experienced people in and raiding with us

jus outta curiosity though, whats ur healing gear like, and why are u applying to join us when you've got experience in higher end raiding?
Back to top Go down
Hoooofy.

PostSubject: Reply   Application (Enhancement Shaman) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:57 pm

Cause think bout it...My respec is currently 50g a respec...and do i need Mental Quickness for any fights in SSC/TK? It is never needed,

My Gear for enhancement does not match up to my experience...i have pretty nice resto gear and puts me at 2k plus healing but i do not anylonger have a cape or Ring (Traded resto ring for Violet Eye for DPS ring)
Back to top Go down
aquariel
Guild Member
aquariel

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Application (Enhancement Shaman)   Application (Enhancement Shaman) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:00 pm

i would like to see this spec you have plz k thanks
Back to top Go down
Oni
Officer
Oni

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Application (Enhancement Shaman)   Application (Enhancement Shaman) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:25 pm

Unless im reading this wrong on my Ip trace.....

Hoooofy
IP address for this post : 76.83.243.207 [ cpe-76-83-243-207.dc.rr.com ]
Posted : Sun May 04, 2008 5:36 pm...

Yada
IP address for this post : 76.83.243.207 [ cpe-76-83-243-207.dc.rr.com ]
Posted : Sun May 04, 2008 6:13 pm...

Now I MAY have read this wrong but those look identical to me now either you had a split personality, OR you wanted to defend yourself through another name which I don't really understand why...

But on the whole a nice application and I see you are in touch with the proper officers so I shall leave it to them Smile

Oh and as of this edit I'm locking this thread, I'm going to give you a small piece of advice because I saw you didn't pick up on it.... Noccmoon was attacking you to a point and thats his job, he wasn't being an asshole about it or overly aggressive but honest. When you tried to defend yourself in the reply to his LAST post in my eyes shows you do have a small listening problem

Nocmoon wrote:
So if you can improve in those areas that were spoken i think you would be a great raider and would show you can take advice and learn from your class leader!
your reply was...

Hoooofy. wrote:
The reason for the Dodge is if an add gets loose and i get 1 shot, then im going regret putting the 5 points in Dodge, or i could have mental quickness and which imo is sorta pointless until you get 2-3 peices of T5. but for the Instant cast Ghostwolf, During the Supremus fight he has 2 phases as you may know, Tank and spank phase and and a kite phase, During the kite phase you gotta RUN THE HELL AWAY from Supremus and the Volcanoes which in then would make this fight super cake for Shamans or Druids with instant cast form for there speed form(Travel Form).
and that showed me you were just taking in the onformation that he gave you not proccessing it or learning from it and just trying to be right...

Unfortunately that attitude wipes raids, plain and simple there is no arguing that you were given constructive criticism and told what we needed of you and yet you still insisted.... that attitued in life at your job will hurt you more then anything else...Yes there are times to fight for the small things but its better when trying to make a good first impression espically to learn when to choose your battles.... and my friend this one you have lost. Have a wonderful day and life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application (Enhancement Shaman)   Application (Enhancement Shaman) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:58 pm

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application (Enhancement Shaman)   Application (Enhancement Shaman) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application (Enhancement Shaman)
Page 1 of 1