Outlaw Knight's of Bonechewer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outlaw Knight's of Bonechewer

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deather 70 Rogue

Go down 
+3
Cy
Fellwing
Deather
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Deather
Friend of Guild
Deather

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 11:49 pm

* Character Name: Deather

* Class, Race: 70 NE Rogue

* Armory link - Deather

* Talent spec: 15/41/5 Its your typically old school Combat Dagger build. I want to move onto swords or fists. I have yet to find anything that would be worth giving up the daggers, but I am working on some gear. I just changed to this build recently from a Hybrid Sub build, so thats why I just went with Combat Daggers. So far its working pretty well, but the swords or fist would increase its effectiveness.

* Professions: 375 Elixir Master/375 Gnomish Engineer. Engineering is a lot of fun, and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Alchemy on the other hand is helpful and somewhat of a money maker. I have an alt that gets me herbs, and I also buy off the AH. Its worked quite well for me for quite some time, and I'm missing very few recipes.

* Gear: Some from Kara, most from Heroics. Still working on Badge gear and Arena gear. I lack in hit rating, so thats where I try to make up for it with my gems, but I try to focus on crit and Agi. Try to keep them constant, because my gear bonuses give me plenty of haste, until they get replaced.

* Rading XP: My raid experience consists of Kara, Gruul's, and Mag. As you can see, I haven't gotten much gear from them, but then again, the guilds I have been raiding with have fallen apart or weren't capable of completing them.

* Guild History: My very first guild I believe was Raiders of Valor. It was long ago, but it was a good guild. That was before I was 70. I was also in a guild with Cienas as the lead, back then named Gex. Can't remember that ones name. This was a few years back. Post-BC, I was in a few guilds, but the only notable one was Validus Amicus. I was the Rogue class leader, as well as one of the few who made guild decisions. We raided Kara, but due to the leaders poor judgment, the trust of all the officers was betrayed, and the guild pretty much disappeared in a matter of days. The other guild worth of noting was Exile. I did some raiding with them as well, but once again the guild disbanded, mostly due to the fact that there was no communication, and the leaders started to stop playing. It was mostly a military guild, and that had much to do with the reasons they were disappearing. I'll explain more about that in the next section.

* Real Life: My real name is Jesus. I'm 20 years old and I work wherever the Army needs me. Yes, I'm a military man. I'm a huge video gamer, playing anything that has an objective, graphics, and user interaction. My 1998 Honda Civic isn't exactly in the best of shape, but it gets some speed and gets me where I need to go. I'm in the process of finding my very first car again, which is a 1990 Toyota Celica GT. I'm also somewhat of a computer techy, running my own little practice straight from home. I live in the Florida area, but like I said, I'm Army. Currently I'm in training, changing my job for the Army, but I'm almost done and I get to go back home. What that sometimes I have to disappear early, or not get on at all. I have seen posted around the forums where a notification has to be given. I will try everything in my power to notify when possible. When I get home, I can play all I want. Just a heads up.

* How I heard about Outlaw Knights and why I want to join: I heard about this guild from a friend of mine. I had quit for a year, but prior to that, I had taken them under my wing and helped them level. I come back, and they are at the top of their game. Not to mention all the guilds that I've been in since I've been back, a lot of them seemed to have migrated over here and are still here. It looks very organized, so raids seem to be going as planned. I would love some gear, but I'm also not expecting any either. As I said, military kind of rules my life at the moment, so I am willing to make sacrifices here and there.

There you are. Me in a nutshell as well as my WoW career. If there are any discrepancies about anything I said, or anyone is willing to help me out to help me get in, please feel free to let me know by any means possible. I hope my experiences are enough to get me in, and I will work my way to make my experiences even better, both to enjoy the guild and to enjoy my in game fun Smile.
Back to top Go down

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Nice application : )

There are a few other military guys in OK. Unfortunately I'm kind of lost when it comes to rogues, but I do have three questions for you. First, you mentioned that you are lacking in hit and that you'd like to stack crit and agility, but wouldn't it be more beneficial to socket the yellow hit gems instead of the crit gems until you reach the hit cap? From what I understand, it's hard to be hit capped as melee. Second, although stamina is important to us all, would it be better to have a different gem in your headpiece instead of straight stamina, like crit and stamina? Last, do you have another trinket other than the riding crop?

Good luck with your application!
Back to top Go down
Deather
Friend of Guild
Deather

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Oh my apologies. I use Outfitter, so it auto equips my riding crop when I'm on my mount. I logged on today and I must have logged off on my mount. Armory must have updated. I'll try to remember to stay off of the mount when I log off. I use Hourglass of the Unraveller in place of the Riding Crop, just in case I end up logging off on my mount again. The reason I have the +12 stamina gem in my helm is because the meta gem requires at least 2 blue gems. And I don't have any other blue gems in any of my other equipment, so I instead of throwing in a crappy gem, I threw in the best blue I thought I could find. I see what your saying about the crit gems compared to hit gems. It would make more sense, so I'll give it a try out when I get a chance.

Thanks for the critique.
Back to top Go down
Fellwing
Guild Member
Fellwing

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:03 pm

Heya Jesus. Good to see that you are still around. I thought you changed severs with Pagie but I was wrong Good to see that you are doing good. Hope to see you around sometime in WoW. If you can't remember who I am Pagie's Sister.

Fellwing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fellwing1
Cy
Guild Member
Cy

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:51 am

You definitely have an abundance of crit (32%) so I would use your sockets to pick up whatever hit you can. As long as you're in the 20-25% crit range I would say you will be OK in that department. The hit cap for rogues is way over 300 (363 w/ precision I think) and is pretty tough to get to so getting as close as you can is about the best you can do. Another thing you could do is change your boot enchant to Surefooted, that will pick you up some hit rating. What I would do:

Red Socket - Glinting Noble Topaz (4 Hit / 4 Agi)
Yellow Socket - Rigid Dawnstone (8 Hit)
Blue Socket - Shifting Nightseye (4 Agi / 6 Stam)

With these gems and the Surefooted enchant you'd pick up about 54 hit rating. Also there are some pretty sweet pieces of gear available from the Badge vendors, they might take awhile to farm up but IMO they're worth it.

Just my $.02 from another rogues perspective, good luck on your app!
Back to top Go down
Deather
Friend of Guild
Deather

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:43 am

Fellwing wrote:
Heya Jesus. Good to see that you are still around. I thought you changed severs with Pagie but I was wrong Good to see that you are doing good. Hope to see you around sometime in WoW. If you can't remember who I am Pagie's Sister.

Fellwing

Hey Fellwing, I remember you. Me and Pagie went separate ways about 2 years ago. We tried to pick it up again, but to no avail. Good to see your still around. Hit me up in game sometime.

Cy wrote:
You definitely have an abundance of crit (32%) so I would use your sockets to pick up whatever hit you can. As long as you're in the 20-25% crit range I would say you will be OK in that department. The hit cap for rogues is way over 300 (363 w/ precision I think) and is pretty tough to get to so getting as close as you can is about the best you can do. Another thing you could do is change your boot enchant to Surefooted, that will pick you up some hit rating. What I would do:

Red Socket - Glinting Noble Topaz (4 Hit / 4 Agi)
Yellow Socket - Rigid Dawnstone (8 Hit)
Blue Socket - Shifting Nightseye (4 Agi / 6 Stam)

With these gems and the Surefooted enchant you'd pick up about 54 hit rating. Also there are some pretty sweet pieces of gear available from the Badge vendors, they might take awhile to farm up but IMO they're worth it.

Just my $.02 from another rogues perspective, good luck on your app!

I do like the Surefooted enchant, never noticed the +10 hit rating on it. On another note, are you suggesting I replace all my gems with those ones listed above? Or only some. I could see removing the +12 Stam Gem from my headpiece for the Shifting Nightseye. But with removing my red and replacing them with the ones above, I lose 16 agi in place of 16 hit rating. I also have a few raid equips that give me about 40 more hit rating. They are as follows:

Cloack of the Craft
Malchazeen
Skyfire Hawk-Bow along with Mysterious Arrow, although the arrows are only for ranged DPS during the raid.

I lose about 6 attack power and 400 hp, but I gain 42 hit rating, which then kicks my hit rating up to 163, and my crit goes down to 31.78% from 32.62%. I just got the Malchazeen last night, so I'm about to slap mongoose onto that thing once I get the mats together. And of course that would replace the Emerald Ripper during raids.

I'm definitely working on some badge gear, but I have trouble finding runs for badges. A majority of the time when I find runs, they usually fall apart. And it doesn't help that I've been guild less for some time either. As you also know, I'm military, so when runs take too long because of incompetence, I have to leave. I have to get my sleep somehow Razz. Could you direct me to which badge gear you are talking about? Shattered Sun? Or elsewhere?

I definitely have things in the works, its just a matter of putting all the pieces together. I appreciate the assistance, even if I don't get accepted!!
Back to top Go down
aquariel
Guild Member
aquariel

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:59 pm

daggers? really? splain
Back to top Go down
Deather
Friend of Guild
Deather

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:27 am

I already explained. I was a Hybrid Sub build prior to my new combat build. The hybrid sub focused on burst damage, so therefore ambush was a critical point of it. It was more of a PVP spec more then anything, but it worked quite well as PVE as well. I could push out close to 3k crit ambushes, not to mention generate 5 combo points in a matter of 2 or 3 hits. Combine that with stun locks and to me, it was quite the monster of a PVP spec. Once again, thats my opinion.

Since I already had the daggers, and I needed a new build because of the guilds I was in prior to applying to this one, I went combat daggers in order to be a Raid spec immediately, rather then farming the swords and not being able to raid. I'm working on swords or fists, I still have yet to decide which.
Back to top Go down
Taunie
Friend of Guild

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 10:49 pm

wrong spec. that is all. and yes crit is nice and ap is nice....assuming you can hit things.
Back to top Go down
Deather
Friend of Guild
Deather

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:01 am

Its the classic combat daggers spec. I believe it used to be one of the best until the swords finally topped it out, fists being the best. If I were to get me a set of swords, the spec would change to combat swords, and would be a PVE spec, perfect for raiding. So how is it the wrong spec?
Back to top Go down
Taunie
Friend of Guild

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 3:17 pm

It's the wrong spec because it doesn't have sword spec and has Opportunity. Correct for a terribad combat dagger spec yes, but for raiding purposes you can go get the s2 weapons in like 4 hours of honor farming. I tried combat daggers once and the DPS was pitiful compared to swords, no matter how well you play the spec it is trash. It's the same way with Mutilate(my favorite spec) but it's worthless in raids due to many bosses being immune to poison. And hemo is meh but you can boost the raids dps a bit with a Hemo rogue but your dps loss hurts more than the debuff helps.

Here's a neat math equation:
Combat Swords > Sword/Fist > Fist/Sword > Mace/Sword > Fists > Maces > Daggers

I understand your current spec but like I said with a few hours of honor grinding you can get the swords(which you won't replace until hyjal/BT), that's an easy fix. In regards to your hit rating which makes me cry a little on the inside, continue trying to farm Kara, pugs on this server are easy to find and its good badges even if you receive no gear, you can buy the pieces and socket them with either Rigid Dawnstones (+8 hit rating) or the epic Rigid Lionseye (+10 hit rating). Hell my meta doesn't work because I have all yellow gems lol.

Thats a little help for now, if you ever need more assistance or have more questions feel free to send me a tell in game.

<3 Vizionary
Back to top Go down
Deather
Friend of Guild
Deather

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:51 pm

I appreciate the help, but your tone leaves a little to be desired. Regardless, I already said I was working on swords. The gems will be worked on, but I'm waiting on the badge gear to replace it all.
Back to top Go down
Taunie
Friend of Guild

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:59 pm

sorry i forgot to inform you that im the resident dickhead in OK
Back to top Go down
Edwyn
Admin
Edwyn

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 3:34 pm

I hate to break it to you, but the gear you are in is not going to help you in the areas we are currently raiding. To be honest, it is Kara worthy at best. There are too many blues and PvP gear. In my opinion you have far too much Crit, and not enough Attack Power. You stated that you are trying to find swords to use; with those swords you will need to rethink gear. The same set of gear does not actually work for both weapon. Too much crit will in turn kill you. It generates more threat that you can and will ever want to handle. You may be thinking "Hey, I can Vanish!" but it doesn't always work. It has a five minute cooldown and once it's gone and you are dead, that's DPS that the raid has just lost. DPS is our only role, so if you can't control it and still dish out all you have
Cy is right about the gems and the enchant. Hit rating is probably your most important stat to work on. If you aren't hitting, you aren't DPSing. If you want to max out your hit rating you need to use the gems he desribed. The magic number that you want to shoot for is 363, and that's WITH all five points in Precision. The closer to that, the better. When you get to the higher end raids, you can get away with something in the 300 range. I personally have only 286 and miss more often than I'd like. Looking at the stats, that 286 makes it so I only miss my target about 2% of the time with white damage; but our white damage is our main supply of DPS (55-60% in total).

All in all, I would have to ask you to continue working on your gear and weapons and try again.
Back to top Go down
mafiafran
Friend of Guild

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-21

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:34 am

Good to see that you are still around.

Sexy Lingerie
numbered metal tags
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deather 70 Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deather 70 Rogue   Deather 70 Rogue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deather 70 Rogue
Page 1 of 1